Restoring normalcy. Restoring businesses countrywide.
With the beginning of Lockdown 3.0, some relaxations have been put in place by the Government to allow our economy to breathe. This countrywide division in three zones – Red, Orange, and Green – based on coronavirus risk-profiling, is a pragmatic shift towards business survival with the continuity of Corona afflictions.
Businesses are set to redefine their overall process to rise again as the nation slowly starts to exit what’s known as “the world’s strictest stay-at-home restrictions”. In this blog post, we’ll get to see how India Inc. (industry-wise breakdown) is handling COVID scenarios.
Though manufacturing operations are still in the standstill position in the impacted zones, the companies that do not have any instances of COVID cases are allowed to operate, provided that they all follow the social distancing and safety norms.
Example – ITC Ltd., India’s largest cigarette maker, that also manufactures instant noodles, soaps, and incense sticks, said that it will work with local administrations to resume operations where possible with the stipulated precautions.
Source: Economic Times
The automotive segment is badly hit due to the pandemic. After a complete washout month, automotive companies are seeking resumption in operations. Being the barometer of the company’s economic health, this sector requires a great expansion in efforts to restart the economic engine.
Example- Hyundai Motor India Ltd (HMIL) has set up standard operating procedures and the company will decide to resume operations based on the guidelines issued by state governments. The company is looking forward to improving the supply situation and its distribution network.
Source: Business Standard
Ecommerce & Retailers
E-commerce players have welcomed the Phase 3 move very keenly. After this long pause, the relaxation has also brought hopes for multiple small sellers who can restart their business by selling products online. Most interestingly, Retail outlets are planning to normalize the situation by allowing shoppers to fix an appointment. Shoppers must wear their personal protective gear before they enter the showroom.
Example – e-Commerce giant, Amazon, has said – “Our foremost priority is to ensure the safety of our customers, employees, and partners and we’re happy to enable millions of small and medium businesses and traders to jumpstart their businesses.”
Source: Money Control
The big players like LG, Samsung, Panasonic, and Godrej Appliances are planning to postpone their manufacturing plans to once the lockdown ends, since they have large stockpiles in their warehouses. Adding on, they have workforce mobility issues cropping up as well.
Example – Panasonic India & others have stated that they are facing challenges in bringing workers to plants by passing through areas that are sealed.
Source: Economic Times
How are Tech companies planning to resume?
- IT major Capgemini plans to call only less than 10% of employees who are deployed on extremely critical client projects at work. The rest of the 90% workforce is working from home and will continue with that for a few more weeks until the situation improves for employees to travel and come to work every day.
- Tech Mahindra has started drawing boxes on the floor, in lift areas, as well as inside lifts to facilitate social distancing even as a large chunk of its employees continue to work from home. At all offices and even in washrooms, it has allocated space to help employees maintain social distancing.
- IT firm Micron India is strictly compartmentalising the lines of movement of employees to avoid contact with each other.
- The Innovation and operations hub for Royal Bank of Scotland, RBS Services India is working to follow the new safety norms, removing biometric access, and managing with access cards.
Source: Economic Times
How we’re holding down the Fort at KritiKal Solutions
Our Team at KritiKal, has been highly proactive & keen in observing the situation and had set up risk mitigation plans well in time.
- High Focus on Customer Interest, Employee Health & Safety, while drafting plans
- Special COVID-19 Task Force, for Real-Time Situation Monitoring – Helped add fluidity to the plan
- Robust IT & Infra support for our Innovators, to enable a seamless WFH experience with High Productivity
- Agility, Smart Project Management Tools, Regular sync-ups, to enable high levels of quality and productivity
While remaining fully functional in these unprecedented times, we together as a team have worked on identifying new opportunities created by emerging conditions. These include upskilling, exploring new & innovative ways to help other challenging business processes across industries, and keeping an eye on new business models that may shape out in the future.
As we aim at rising again, let’s explore new opportunities together to make this new normalcy – a strong engine to our economic growth.